Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ruffian: Transitions, Weaving, and just having fun!

March 30 2010

Wow! What a play time with Ruffian! He was incredible! This time after I haltered him he didn't go internal so that was really good. Once we were up in the riding ring we did some circles and other stuff. We had a blast! I was surprised that Ruffian didn't seem to have a whole lot of energy! He was happy to go and happy to slow down. We did some circles, change of directions, and transitions. I still can't believe how amazing Ruffian's transitions are! He listens so well and does exactly what I ask. It was so cool!


Then I set the two barrels up their ends and asked Ruffy to jump them. He wasn't even cantering and he flew right over them like it was nothing! He is so athletic! After that I asked Ruffy to sniff his tail. The first try wasn't very successful but the next time he did it perfectly! He tried to hard and did so well! Then we did the Weave pattern at the trot. Ruffy offered a really nice slow trot and I hardly had to direct him at all! He did most of it! It was lots of fun :)

After that I decided to ride Ruffy for a little bit. He did really well. We did some Figure eights, follow the rail, direct and indirect rein, 9 step back up and we started sideways. Ruffy layed down and rolled once but I made it off safely ;) It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It has only happened to me once before and that was a most four years ago so it has been a while! After Ruffy finished rolling I got back on and off we went again. All in all it was a good ride. Ruffy did well.

It was a really great play time and we both had a lot of fun. Ruffy really seemed to be partnering with me and he was so willing to try! It was great!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment