Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twosox: Must have done something right!

July 19 2010

Twosox and I had the most amazing playtime yesterday afternoon. It was cut short because of a storm that came rolling in. But Twosox was so connected to me and was asking loads of questions! 
We started off with playing with the ball. Twosox was actually pushing it around with his head! It was really something to see my RBI pushing the ball around and being 100% confident with it! After that we played with the Weave. Twosox did really well seemed to like it!We were playing, and loving it! 

Then we did circles. It was getting really windy and dark and even though Twosox was a little concerned he did really well and it just proves that transitions really do work to gain mental connection! We kept it simple and just did walk, trot, halt etc transitions and Twosox did so well. At the end I didn't have to completely stop him before I asked him to walk forward and we did some pretty nice trot to walk transitions. Of course they weren't by any means perfect but it is am improvement from last day. 

It was just starting to rain as I let Twosox go. But he stayed with me even though it was really windy and we went together down the hill. I was watching some video footage from about 2 weeks after I got Twosox and it was interesting. Lets just say, "You don't know what you don't know, until you know it" But it is a learning experience and I wouldn't trade this journey for the world! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment