Sunday, September 19, 2010

A little adventure!

Sept 18 2010

So this playtime started out with a little adventure. The horses weren't in when I went out to play so my older brother and my two younger brothers and I went out to find them. They were in the back field grazing on what little grass they would find. Twosox walked up to me and I haltered him, seeing as he was the horse I wanted to play with first. The plan was to send the other horses on a head and then the rest of us would follow, me driving the other horses home. But Knightly had other ideas. He decided to take off running in the other direction, meanwhile Ruffian and Prince stood there looking at him like "What got into him?" But in the end all three horses took off in totally the wrong direction and so myself, Twosox and my brothers sent out after them. I was tempted to just leave them but I didn't think that it would be the best idea because (1) My mom was coming out to play with Knightly shortly and so he would need to be there for her (2) I didn't think that they would follow Twosox and (3) Twosox would probably not be very confident without them and that wouldn't be setting up for success. 

So off we went. The horses kept going farther and farther, good thing I know that bush well!! Matt (my older brother) said that he could hold Twosox and that way I could get Prince. So when we got to a clear area in the bush where the other horses stopped to eat I gave Twosox to Matt and went and got Prince. Prince came a long nicely. Good thing I had my savvy string with me!! I was pretty sure that Ruffian would at least follow and Knightly would realize soon enough that he should come too. It worked! With Twosox and Prince leaving the other two came so we went back. Once we got to the road I let Prince go but he stuck right with me and so we went on completely at Liberty. It was fun but I am glad that Matt was there because I wouldn't have been able to do it without him. 

The rest of the way home went along uneventful and we got home safe and sound. Twosox and I took the lead and I make sure to keep the other horses back. He seemed pretty happy with that :) 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment