Friday, October 1, 2010

Twosox: Opposition Reflex

Sept 27 2010

Twosox and I had an interesting playtime today. We really focused on our porcupine game while circling, doing changes of directions, Weave, Figure eights, jumping and Backwards "S". Twosox would do what I would ask but before did it he would resist it just a little, sometimes he would toss his head a little, other times he would tuck his head in a bit, and some other things but it was opposition reflex. I would ask something, he would oppose it and then do it. So we did Backwards "S" to get him yielding to that porcupine game a bit more.

Then we did some other things and after that we went back to the Weave, which was what we were playing with when I decided to switch to the Backwards "S". Twosox was much more responsive and gave a nice, smooth, relaxed trot and didn't miss a tire. Which is much better than before where he wasn't listening to me (Left brain dominance.

So we continued to play with our porcupine games, mainly yielding to pressure on the halter. At the end our change of directions got really good and Twosox responded so well! He responded to the pressure as soon as I asked. So it was really nice.

It will be something that we shall have to continue playing with but I think that we are on the right track!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment