Sunday, January 2, 2011

Prince: Motivation!

December 27 2010

Prince and I had a short but very fun session today. I really felt that when we were doing Figure eights he was motivated and I had his mind completely engaged. It was amazing. 
We started out with some Falling Leaf and Backwards "S" which Prince did really well. We had to play a little bit with him not making assumptions about when I wanted him to turn and such but he did well and maintained gait really well. 

Then we went and did Figure eights. The pattern today was one circle, one Figure eight, one circle two Figure eights, one circle, one Figure eight, etc etc. I knew that if I didn't switch up the pattern some how Prince would loose interest but doing this pattern did the trick and Prince was complete in tune with me. As he was coming around each barrel he would ask a question and then I would either ask him to do the Figure eight or if I stayed in neutral he knew to keep circling. It was really incredible! Prince did so well with maintained the rhythm, relaxation and connection when I asked for two Figure eights. It was really, really, nice! 

We ended with the Figure eights and I brought Prince in for a rest. Then I un-haltered Prince but he stayed with me for a while then we both walked down to the corral together. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment