Saturday, October 31, 2009

Really cool play time with Twosox....

I am really behind on our play times. Sorry about that. There aren't that many to write about because we have been busy cleaning out our corral before the snow comes and so I haven't been able to play with the horses a lot.

Anyways, the next playtime to write about was one I had with Twosox on Sunday....

October 25 2009

Twosox and I had a really good playtime today. Twosox was confident but not dominate. He was really really good. I had to help my mom with something and Twosox just stood there perfectly happy and when I needed to dempnstrate something with him he did it perfectly!!! I was helping my mom with driving and porcupining Knightly's forequarters. I was actually surprised at how light and responsive Twosox was!! He was doing these perfect pivots everytime I asked him to!!! He is such a sweet horse!!


We also did some circles. We played around with finding some rhythm, relaxation and connection. It took a while but finally we got about 3 steps!! So that was were we ended that. I also picked up all of Twosox's feet and examined them. Twosox did really well. He is getting really comfortable with me holding his back feet also.

After we had played for a bit I got on and rode. I ended up getting off twice because since it was windy Twosox was a little unconfident. I would rather get off and have to get back on again then get off the wrong way ;) We had a good ride though. We did Follow the rail, Point to point, refined indirect and direct rein and a whole bunch of friendly game!!! It was fun!!

When we were done riding I got off and Twosox and I just spent some time hanging out together. It was nice just to relax and do nothing. Twosox has come such a long way and it is really neat to see him being truly relaxed when we are playing.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment