Friday, October 16, 2009

Wow!! What a day!!

Today was so much fun!!! We [my mom and I] took Prince and Knightly out to a friends farm [she picked us and the horses up!]. We spend the morning there and left at about 2:00. The day went fast but it was so much fun!!! I did some of all four savvies with Prince. I am going to break it up into each savvy, it will be a little easier to type ;)
   
Online

Lets see.... Prince and I did Transitions on the 12ft line, 22ft line and the 45ft line [not a whole lot on each different length but some here and there] Prince cantered a 10ft circle around me!!! We did change of directions on each length on line also. Prince did a flying lead change too!!!!!!!!!!! Normally I have to do a lot of change of directions at the trot before Prince will be in tune with me enough to give me a flying lead change but Prince gave it to me on the second change of direction today!!!! It was SO COOL!!!!!! Prince was really connected to me through out the whole day. It was really nice considering there were sheep roaming around, cows in the other field [Prince couldn't stop looking at the cows!!! It was so cute!! I can't wait ride Prince around some cows. It will be a lot of fun!!]

We also did some two line driving. Prince was incredible!!!! I think that since our Freestyle riding has been getting a lot better our two line driving has gotten a million times better!!! Weird I know but it is true! Prince was a lot more responsive and soft. Our friend just received her big green Parelli ball!! It was a lot of fun to play with. I couldn't lift it though because my arms wouldn't even wrap around the thing!! Prince did really well with pushing it!! He is such a clever horse! :)

Oh we also did some sideways towards me [with me being farther away from him] drawing backwards from zone 5, stick to me at the walk, trot and canter, straddling the log, jumping and some more!!! It was so much fun playing the arena. It is HUGE!! Prince and I loved it!!

Liberty

I was planning on playing at Liberty in the round corral but Prince and I ended up playing in the arena. It was really fun. Prince stayed with me the whole time too!!! We did spinning, jumping [Prince offered to jump the big log from a stand still!], leading by the tail, extreme friendly game, sideways towards me, stick to me, touch it from about 15t away, and drawing at the trot plus drawing backwards from zone 5!! Prince was so amazing!! I was really proud of him!! One time after I was finished playing with Knightly, I called Prince [he was loose in the arena] from maybe 50ft away and Prince came trotting to me!!! I didn't really expect him to come because....well I don't know, I guess I just didn't think he would leave the grass and come to me!!

So since that Liberty went so well I decided not to play with Prince in the round corral. I think it is good that for the last 4 or 5 times that Prince and I have played at Liberty we haven't played in a round corral. Both Prince and I are bored in a round corral and we don't have nearly as much fun as we do when Prince can leave any time!!! ;)

Freestyle

Well it was certainly an interesting experience riding in an arena that was so big. But Prince and I managed quite well I think. I just had to remember to stay focused, I think everything went pretty well. I think the only bad think was that I didn't have a strong enough plan before I go on and so even though we did Patterns I didn't have a good plan and Prince go a little bit bored I think. I will know for next time though!!

So we did Follow the rail, Sideways, Weaving, A Million Transitions, transitions in the gait [slow walk, fast walk, slow trot, fast trot etc], Point to point, and corners. I wanted to do the Questions box but I totally forgot up until now!!! Oh well next time :)

I had gotten off and played on the ground for a little bit but then I didn't feel like we ended on a good enough note so I got back on again and we did a little bit more Follow the rail but I had a better plan this time. It went SO much better!! I didn't ride with my carrot stick this time because I needed to be able to slow Prince down when he got to fast for my liking. It worked a lot better. We even trotted the whole length of the arena!!!! The first half was really rather fast then I asked Prince to slow down and trot slowly and Prince gave me a really nice slow trot. It was SO comfy!!!! It didn't even feel like a trot but I knew it was!!!

So we ended on a really good note. I was happy and so was Prince!!!

The horses loaded up really nicely. Prince did both when we were going and coming home. But Knightly had a little bit of trouble when we were leaving here this morning. It took us 1 hour to get both horses loaded this morning [Knightly wasn't really sure what we wanted him to do because he was always lead into the trailer and not sent]. When we loaded them up to come home it took 10 minutes from the time we caught the horses [they were both loose in the arena] till the time we were getting in the truck to drive off!!! Knightly was A LOT more confident getting into the trailer!!! It was amazing to see the difference!!

Here are some pics from today...

Knightly and the sheep.... He was so fascinated by them that he started chasing them!!! Well.... it was a LBI chase, he didn't use to much energy! ;)















 My beautiful boy Prince! While Knightly was chasing the sheep, Prince was keeping an eye on the cows...







He then decided that maybe if he called them they would answer... [needless to say it didn't work ;)]





Here is just a picture of the arena we played in... isn't it lovely!!!





Random picture... hehe



Wouldn't you love to go galloping across this feild!?!?!




Tomorrow is the first day of the Fawn Anderson clinic. I am excited!! I will let you know how it goes!

~K

2 comments:

  1. O my lord, it sounds like you had a wonderful day at Sue's I am so happy for you both. So sorry i just couldnt make it. I figured by the time you got to Sue's it would have been too late and i would have had to turn around and come home. I hope that you are not angry with me. ;) I will see you for sure on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was wonderful!! I missed you!! I really wish you could have been there. Of course I am not angry with you! :)

    I can't wait to see you!! I have a lot of interesting things to play with that I learned at the Fawn Anderson clinic! Should be fun!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete