Monday, April 25, 2011

Twosox: From problem solving to progressing!

April 18, 2011

We started out with doing figure eights around everything, tires, pedestal, barrels. We played it like a traveling figure eight which was really fun because Twosox found the rhythm, relaxation and connection so quickly and he was trotting around both ends beautifully!! He had a huge lick and chew afterward and then we

We are really moving from problem solving to progressing. I feel that I am starting to understand what he needs from me and things are coming together very nicely!!

Next we played with jumping a single barrel in the middle of the riding ring. I played around with waiting for Twosox to become straight/square in front of the barrel and being able to wait. We went back and forth from one barrel to the next until Twosox could line up square with the barrel and then I asked him to jump the barrel coming toward me, on a yo-yo draw, and he jumped, cleared it, from a stand still on the first try!!! I was blown away with how well it worked!! It seemed to make so much more sense to Twosox and he was willing to do it after he learned he had to stay square and straight. This is definitely a strategy that I am going to try with Prince!!  

Up next we played with spinning and go on the circle. At first Twosox wasn't putting much effort into it but once he figured out the pattern he started putting lots of effort and we ended when they got really smooth and quick!!

It really was an amazing session and Twosox was so willing to try and I felt that we really had zero brace. Now I need to start teaching him new things so that he doesn't get bored :)

Naturally,
~Keri 


No comments:

Post a Comment