Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Looking forward


As Christmas and New Years are behind us now things are starting to get back into a slower pace in many areas. Work is slowing down for the winter, my two older siblings have left once again and plans continue to go well for my upcoming trip, about which you my dear readers may or may not be aware of at this point in time.

Prince and I heading to Florida this February for two and a half months. We will be staying with my Parelli instructor and I am looking forward to taking advantage of the warmer weather and nonexistence of snow.

Today was the final visit from the vet to do Prince's health exam. I am so pleased with Prince and how he has done through out this whole experience thus far and it will be interesting to see how he does with being in a trailer for so long. At least he will have a traveling buddy as we are going down with a friend and her horse.

I am not one for big new years resolutions and what not but with the beginning of the year at hand I picked two main goals for this year. They aren't really new as I have had them for the last while but it is a good time to refocus and be able to start a fresh.

(1) Pass my Level 4. I have my Online already so that is out of the way but there are still three more savvies to complete and at the moment I am not sure exactly where I stand in the whole process. When I return home in April I am hoping to have a much clearer idea of what I will need to do to obtain this goal. If I need to change it I will do that but as the saying goes, "if you aim for nothing you will hit it" so I must aim for a target and then readjust if necessary.

(2) Bring Knightly up to and through Level four. This really isn't a goal with a deadline as it will be a process and take time but seeing as at this moment Knightly will be the horse that goes with me through Level five and beyond I really need to start focusing on his development much more than I have been this last while.

So there you have it. My two goals for 2013 and a much required update. We have over two feet of snow here but are getting a bit of warm weather for the next few days of which I am hoping to take advantage and do much playing and riding.

My aim is to maintain this blog more often through out the course of my trip so hang in there with me and come along for the ride!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

Feel free to leave a comment below and tell me how you are doing! I would love to hear from you! Plus you can come find me on Parelli Connect 

Naturally,
~Keri-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment