Saturday, February 19, 2011

Twosox: Figure eights and circles!

February 15 2011

I was going to play with Prince after Ruffian but when I opened the gate to let Ruffian out, Twosox came in. So I played with him. We played Online and did Figure eights around two barrels while I stood on the pedestal. These went fairly well but Twosox would loose the connection while going around the barrels. So we played with this until he was able to keep the rhythm and connection at the walk. 
Then I asked Twosox to trot through the middle and walk around the ends. Since we were just on the 12ft line there wasn't enough room to trot a good Figure eight so we just ended when Twosox was able to maintain the rhythm, relaxation and connection through out the pattern. 

After that I climbed up and we rode circles! At first they were supposed to be Figure eights but Twosox wasn't responding to my focus very well so I decided to ride circles to help that. They were small circles because Twosox was also a little bit impulsive. Towards the end Twosox did really well and I didn't have to make nearly as many corrections. So we ended there. We hung out at the barrel for a while before I got off and let Twosox go. 

Just after I took the halter off Twosox started yawning a lot! Which is something (I just noticed recently) that he never really does a lot of either with the other horses or with me. So it was great to see him actually relaxed!! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment