Sunday, December 20, 2009

M1 & M2 are at it again!!

After lunch I went out and played with Prince. Since it was warm... or warmer at least my two little brothers played with Prince first. They both did REALLY well and I am really proud of them. They remembered so much since the last time they played.

M1 [my older youngest brother ;)] played first. He had been asking me earlier today when he could play with Prince next so it was the perfect timing. Before he started playing he figured out what he wanted to do. It was neat hearing him think through it all. He decided he would like to so Friendly, yo-yo, circles and some Touch it. So after I caught Prince I handed him over to M1 and they were off. I was there to help him if he needed it and give him suggestions but most of the time he was able to figure everything out himself. After he did some Friendly game he sent Prince to the pedestal. Last time the boys played with Prince they had a hard time driving Prince away from them and directing him so that he would go where they wanted. But today they were both really good. I explained to them that if they got Prince's nose in the direction they wanted to go that the rest of his body would probably follow. That really seemed to help them. Prince climbed up on the pedestal for M1. It was really cute. Prince then looked at M1 asked a question. Then M1 backed Prince off of the pedestal and squeezed him between him and the fence. It is really interesting because even though Prince responds and the boys hardly have to go past a phase 2, Prince doesn't do it for them. He waits till they ask him and then he responds. So I think that is really helping the boys because they actually have to do it.

After that M1 sent Prince over to a chair I had brought him. The look on his face when Prince went over to it and sniffed it was priceless!!! He was smiling ear to ear!!! M1 was really good this time at not having the carrot stick off the ground the whole time. He had really good control over it. Which was good because last time Prince kept going sideways everywhere because M1 was asking it with out knowing it ;) Them M1 did circles. M1 remembered everything that he had to do. At first Prince was like "Are you sure I have to go circle?" But M1 just nicely sent him on again. He had everything down pat..... even down to the carrot stick leaning up against him. This time he let Prince go around 2 circles before he brought him back in. It was funny because as he standing there he said "You know what I like best about the circle game? I like passing the rope behind my back.... as long as I don't get all wrapped up in it" It was so funny!!! Talk about a true Parelli kid!!

After M1 was done M2 came out. At first he said all he wanted to do was do friendly but then once he got started he didn't want to stop. He played around with getting the savvy string over Prince and not hitting him in the side. It must be so hard being so short!! He did really well though. Then he did yo-yo's. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. It was amazing to see the look on Prince's face to change though because at first he was like "yeah what ever. I will back up but it is boring" But after the third yo-yo he started getting interested and asking questions. It was cool!! It was really cute seeing M2 backing him up and then bringing Prince forward again then rubbing him on the nose. After that he was like "I want to do Touch it!!!!" So he sent Prince over to the chair. I was surprised at how well he did.  I told him the same thing as I told M1 about getting Prince's nose in the direction you want. He did a wonderful job!!! Prince knocked the chair over and then offered to go sideways over it..... what a sweet horse!! M2 wanted him to sniff it though so he brought him in then sent him back out again to do it the "Right way" So he did it again this time Prince did it "right" and sniffed the chair. M2 was so pleased!!! Then he sent him over to the pedestal. M2 only wanted Prince to sniff it though. Then after he sniffed it he sent Prince on to it. It was amazing to see them try and figure out what zone they needed to put pressure on etc. Once Prince got a little rest for climbing up M2 asked "Can I ask him to put all four feet on the pedestal?" I said sure and then waited to see how he would figure it out. M2 lifted the hand with the rope in it and then supported it with the carrot stick. Prince climbed right up. M2 was so happy!! Then he was like "K [that is me ;)] do you have an apple I can give Prince?" I said I didn't have an apple but I had some sunflower seeds he could give Prince. I gave some to M2 and he fed them to Prince. He did really well. His hands are so small and Prince's mouth is so big!!

Well that is all for this post. I am going to type a separate post of the fun Prince and I had after.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment