Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trailer loading day 2

December 2 2009

Yesterday after I played with Prince I played with Twosox. While we were in the corral we just did some friendly then we went out to the front yard. I talked to my dad for a little bit then we walked over to the trailer. Twosox was fine walking up to it and he sniffed it out then started eating again. He was so much more confident!!! That means we left it on a good note last time!!

I let Twosox eat for a little while then I asked him to climb on the ramp....no probelm!! He climbed right up and was sniffing the inside of the trailer out. I backed him on and off a couple times then on about the third time I asked him to go a little farther in. Twosox put his front feet in the trailer then stopped. He looked around for a bit then I backed him off. He backs off really straight!!! Better than Prince and Knightly!!! Then I got in the trailer and asked Twosox to come in a little bit then back off, come in a little bit more then back off. Just doing different games and seeing how Twosox did. He was really confident and came in farther each time. After a couple times of going in and out Twosox came all the way in!!!! I was SO proud of him!!!! He looked around, sniffed the divider out and looked out the door. He wasn't as confident as say Prince but for a RBI and the first time in a trailer in almost 2 years it was amazing!!!

I asked Twosox to back out again and then I just let him eat grass for a while. I knew that the real test would be if I could stand on the outside of the trailer and send Twosox in but I wanted Twosox to see that it wasn't a bad place in there. So after a couple more times on coming in hanging out and then backing out again I got out of the trailer and stood on the ramp. Twosox was even more confident that he was at the beginning!!!!  It was really cool!!! The first time Twosox put zone 1,2 and some of 3 in the trailer but he couldn't stay in there long. He didn't get worried but he wasn't 100% confident. So I let him back out, take a rest and then I asked him back on again. This time he stayed in there a little bit longer before coming out. So I let him rest a little bit longer outside the trailer. The third time Twosox offered to put all four feet IN the trailer!!!!!! IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!! He stayed in there a little while then slowly backed out.

I was so proud of Twosox!!!! For only being the second day I was really impressed!!! It will be really interesting to see what he is like in 7 days!!!!! I then just let Twosox eat for a while then we went back into the corral and we went up into the riding ring and hung out for a bit. Twosox had a HUGE lick and chew and then fell took a nap. Since Twosox was in such a great mood and was calm I we went over to the fence and I played some friendly with him while I was on the fence. Since we haven't ridden in a while I was making so assumptions. He was doing really well so I decided to stand on the fence, put my foot on his back and swing my rope a little bit. Twosox did really well. He was a little concerned about the swinging rope but only for a couple seconds then he relaxed again.

After that I climbed on, checked out lateral flexions and then we just walked around. Twosox was calm pretty much the whole time. One time he saw something in the bushes but then he relaxed at the end he fell sleep!!!! That was what I was hoping he would do!!!! Twosox is calm when I am riding him but he isn't always 100%. I can tell that there is a little bit of tension. Just the tiniest bit. So for him so fall asleep it was really good. I was reminded of how light Twosox really is. To ask him to go I would think "go" and pick up my life just a very tiny bit and Twosox would start walking. Stopping was a little but harder but if Twosox didn't stop when I relaxed he would stop when I picked up my rein to bend him so he was still light with that.

After a while I got off. When I let Twosox go he stayed at the gate so I rubbed him for a while. He is such a sweet horse!!!

Here are some pics....



 

 

 

 

 



~K

1 comment: