Saturday, May 14, 2011

Prince: Mounting from the ground...

May 9, 2011

After I played with Twosox I played with Prince. Before we went out onto the front yard I wanted to bridle and unbridle Prince just to do something different than last time. He came to meet me at the gate and stayed there while I put the honey on the bit but then left shortly after. So instead of doing what he expected me to do, which was get him and bridle him, I bridled Twosox, who was more than happy to be bridled. Then after I bridled Twosox I let Ruffian lick some honey off of it and play with it for a while. The whole time Prince was standing right behind me, getting interested as to why he wasn't being bridled. 
When Prince's turn came he really wanted to be bridled. So I bridled him and then after a couple minutes unbridled and then we headed out to the front yard. We played with a couple small things and then I wanted to start getting more athletic and be able to mount bareback from the ground. I started from a log but that was to easy so I went to a tire which was a little more challenging but not really that hard so I had to find something that was between the tire and the ground. I ended up getting two boards and then putting something on top of them. It was about three inches from the ground which was the perfect size. 
We played with it for a while and finally I was able to jump up and get half way on Prince, which was the hardest part. Prince wasn't to sure about it at first so I made it good for him by scratching his itchy spots while I was laying on him.... he soon really liked it :) 

I mounted a couple times and then I got off and I wanted to try twirling the rope from zone one like a jump rope. Something I have always wanted to try but never remembered when I was actually out with Prince. At first Prince thought it meant come forward but soon he figured out that it was a friendly game and he was able to stand still. Than Mom and I took turns skipping. I always wanted to have someone else to skip with when I was little.... :) It was fun. The look on Prince's face was priceless. It was so much fun. 

We let the horses graze for a little longer and then we went back to the corral and took refuge inside the house from the blackflies :) 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment