Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ruffian: A little delay...

May 11, 2011

This afternoon Myles played with Ruffian. I was going to hop on him bareback afterward and after I played with him a little but as I was playing with him he tripped and stumbled a bit. I didn't think much of it at the moment as he seemed to be okay but then I noticed that at the canter on the circle it was more of a two beat canter... he was limping :( So I brought him in and checked his wound and low and behold he had managed to re-open his wound. Thankfully it wasn't bleeding and I was able to take care of it and let him graze for a little while before we headed back to the corral. 
So Ruffian shall get a couple more days off until his wound completely heals but hopefully we shall be able to still play a little Online and such. 

We did get some nice Figure eights and circles. Ruffian was so light and connected! He was asking loads of questions and we also got some nice cantering on the circle. It was great! Hopefully we can pick up where we left off once he heals again. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment