Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Prince: Two more things...

May 4, 2011

I forgot to put in my last post about Prince and my session that we also pushed the ball while riding at the walk and trot. We were follow the rail at the trot and the ball got pushed onto the fence so we pushed it from one end of the arena to the other at the trot and then it got into the corner so together Prince and I had to figure out how to get it out. Prince figured it out and decided that the best way would be to knock it out of the way with his head. And then I bounced it a bit and then we carried on. Prince was pretty sure that it was way more fun than following the rail because he followed it and wanted to push it some more :) Prince really likes his ball :)

We also did skipping. Prince had a hard time understanding that it was a friendly game and not a driving game so we walked around and I swung my carrot sticks around lightly until Prince was able to relax. Prince was fine at the stand still because that is normally when we do extreme friendly games and such but as soon as it was different and we were walking Prince wasn't reading my body language.

Pretty soon we was able to walk around and I could swing both carrot sticks together, rotate one at a time and do lots of other things. Then we were able to skip :) Prince still had a little bit of a problem accepting it but he was much better so we kept going until Prince could walk around and know when I was asking him something and when I wasn't asking anything and it was a friendly game.

Prince did really well though and did very well at listening to my body, not running into anyone and following my focus so I didn't have to use my reins. It was very interesting.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment