Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun with Left brain introverts!!

Sorry this is so late. We have been so busy that I haven't had time to write. So I will have to catch up!! :)

June 22 2009


My mom and I went out to play today. I played with Prince and she played with Knightly. Prince and I did zone 5 driving, Figure 8's from zone 5, cantering on the circle, change of directions at the trot [maintaining gate through the change of direction], Weaving, and transitions. Then mom and Knightly came up and we decided to play with both horses together.

We did circles first. Those were fun. Knightly wanted to walk and Prince cantered around then both would stop and look at us like "Okay we are done now" it was so cute!! Once they got the hang of it they did really good though!!!

Then we went and asked them to jump the barrels together. We had to play with it for a bit at first but then one time they both jumped it at the same time!! It was perfect!! We then took the lead ropes off and sent the horses around at Liberty. We wanted them to trot around the riding ring twice then come back to us. Prince went off like a good little pony but Knightly went right to the gate and wasn't planning on leaving. So I got really intense and started creeping towards him then he took off like a bullet. Prince was trotting around and when he saw Knightly running Prince went from a trot to gallop and started chasing Knightly. It was SO funny to watch. Needless to say we got our two laps. They cantered/galloped the first lap then trotted the second.

I bend over just a little bit to disengage Prince and he stopped right away and came trotting into me. Then I sent Knightly back to mom. It was so much fun!! We wanted to put the horses on the grass that we have blocked off right now so I started walking over to the gate with Prince but Knightly left mom and then Prince took off running after him then after a couple seconds Prince came trotting back to me. He did this twice!! Every time Knightly was close to mom Prince would come back to me. It was really interesting!!!!

It was so much fun!!! Since both Prince and Knightly are Left Brain Introverts I think it made it even more fun because they were so much the same!! Gotta love those LBIs!!!!!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment