Monday, June 29, 2009

New saddle!

My new saddle, a Wintec 500 came on Friday. I didn't have a chance to ride in it till today cause of the weather. Twosox seemed to like it. When we were walking around his head was really low and then when I asked him to trot he would stretch. His trot was SOOOOOO nice to ride!! Normally it is really bouncy and totally unconforable to ride but this time it was smooth and really really nice!!

We did Follow the rail, Figure 8's, Point to point, Weaving, Sideways, 9 step back up and lots more!!! We rode around for a bit with me just using my savvy string. Twosox is SO sensitive!!! Even when I am asking him to go sideways, our sideways is WAY better when I don't have my carrot stick because I am lighter!! Twosox did really well with standing still and stopping when I ask him to stop. When I first got up on Twosox didn't even move!! Not like before when as soon as I was on him he would start walking away. Even after we had been trotting he was would stand still when I asked him to stop!! It was great!!!

Before I got on and rode we did Zone 5 driving with two lines, Transitions, Touch it [from z5], Sideways towards me, circles, and I asked Twosox to jump the barrels. I am really beginning to see how amazing Twosox really is. Sure he has is unconfident moments but he really tries to do what I am asking and it is just really cool!!

Here are some pictures from this morning...













~K

1 comment: