Saturday, June 20, 2009

My RBI is back...

June 18 2009

I got up early again today and went out and played with Twosox. He let me walk right up to him. I rubbed him for a bit then went to halter him. He didn't bend his head like he normally does for the halter. So I asked him to bend it around but his neck was almost a stiff as a board!! Then I realized that he had gone internal. Hmmmm that was interesting!!!! So I waited till he came out of it and then asked him again. He bend it around a little. I put the halter on then we stayed where we were for a bit until he relaxed.

Then we went and played a little bit before we went up to the riding ring. Twosox got really worried when we got up there. I was the last thing on his mind. So we went and I gave him a lot of puzzles to figure out. Twosox was paying a little bit more attention to me but not enough that I felt ready to move onto the next thing. So we then went around the riding ring and I asked Twosox to straddle each of the poles. That really started to get his attention. Then one time I asked him to put three feet on one side of the pole and leave him back foot on the other side. This really got his attention because he couldn't do what I was asking but be paying more attention to everything else.

After a little bit he figure out what I wanted and then turned his head and asked me a question!!!
We did some circles, transitions, Touch it, and Sideways. Then when I was pretty sure that he was totally left brain and listening to me we did some zone 5 driving. We did a little bit with one line then we to two lines. Since we now have two 22ft lines I was able to use them. It was SO much nicer then using my 45ft line tied into two lines. Twosox did really well. At first he wasn't to sure about the ropes around him so I played friend till he was okay then I asked him to walk forward. We walked a couple steps then Twosox stopped. I rubbed him then asked him to go again. After a little bit we started turning, me stopping him, backing up, going over things and playing Touch it!!!

Twosox did so well. I was really proud of him. I wanted to ride but the bugs so bad that I decided to end there.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment