Sunday, June 14, 2009

Catching up...

Well I am a little behind on my play time posts because things that been SO busy and it looks like it will be busy for the next couple weeks at least. So I will try and remember what all happened in each play time.

June 8 2009

My blue savvy string and certificate came in today!!!
Photobucket

I played with Twosox before it got to hot. I put my Fusion on him and rode him in that. He did really well. On the ground we played on the 45ft line. Of course we didn't have enough room to play with the whole length but we still got a little bit more room. We did traveling circle game, Weaving, Touch it, Zone 4/5 driving, Figure 8's and Leading by the tail.

Then I got up and rode. We did follow the rail, Weaving, Figure 8's, Transitions, We worked on trotting for longer distances and Sideways. Twosox was a lot happier in my Fusion then in the english saddle but he still didn't seem totally comfortable in it. Something to think about.

When I first got up to ride Twosox didn't want to stand still. So we played with that. We rode over to a tire and stood there until he could stand still. When ever Twosox left or started leaving I would bring him back and then leave him alone. Pretty soon he was able to stand still and wait until I asked him to go. Then we rode about 10ft over to another tire and stopped there. This time Twosox stayed there and didn't try leaving. We kept doing this for a bit then we would ride longer distances then stop then we would trot a little bit then stop at something. Twosox used to have a hard time standing still once he had being trotting but since we fixed the problem at the walk he knew that when I stopped we were supposed to stop!!

It was interesting! I always get something to think about when I play with Twosox!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment