Sunday, March 20, 2011

Prince: Bridling with savvy!

March 16, 2011

Today it was rainy but I still played with Prince a little bit. We mainly did bridling. Prince was superb and he is getting a lot softer about me taking the bridle off and taking the bit out of his mouth. He used to toss his head and try to get it out when I went to un-bridle but today I played with getting Prince to lower his head, keep it low and then I would take the bridle off. Hopefully I will be able to let Prince wear it for longer periods of time and then progress slow to riding with it. A great summer project!

After that we hung out for a while at Liberty while I watched Myles play with Ruffian.

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. I ve been practicing the same skills with my boy. He is getting too clever, licking the molasse off the bit rather than taking it in his mouth! No problem to drop his head down to take it out, though! LOL
    Hope to meet you on Parelli Connect
    Isabelle- Parelli Regional Coordinator. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! Prince hasn't figured that one out yet. He still will pick it up and if he doesn't I just have to gently guide it in and he will take it no problem :) I know! Prince would put his head on the ground (or lower) if he had to! Just to get it :)

    Likewise! I am on there, I shall try and find you :)

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete