Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ruffian: Changes.

My younger brother, (known as M1 here on my blog) has taken "active ownership" over Ruffian now and is playing with him almost everyday. In the last week Ruffian has gotten more attention, love and play time from my brother than I have been able to give him in over a month!! I am really happy about this and am looking forward to helping M1 and Ruffian in their journey.

 Yes, Ruffian will not be played with at first to the level that we were playing at but I think this will be better because Ruffian can regain his confidence where he had lost a lot of it before I started playing with him and in the end I think it will be better for him. M1 and Ruffian have been doing so well and M1 has been learning very quickly. Each session has ended with Ruffian 100% confident and M1 happy with how it all went. M1 has also set a goal to pass his Level 1 by the fall! He is positive, progressive and natural! 

M1 has also been helping me feed the horses so he can have even more interaction with them and even though things got a little messy for a couple days (the horses weren't sure what to do because of the extra person feeding) and they broke through our "line" a couple times things are getting better and the horses are learning what to do :)

I will still be playing with Ruffian a little and of course helping M1 with their journey but most of the play will be done by M1. This has really freed me up to focus on Prince (and Twosox with he gets better). It is so wonderful and I am really happy that Ruffian has someone who will give him a lot of one on one attention!!

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that your brother is actively participating!!!

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so fascinating watching him learn! They are so natural at that age!

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete