Friday, March 11, 2011

Twosox: Not a mystery any more.

March 8 2011

This morning the vet came out to see what was up with Twosox's eye. It turns out that he has a tumor on his third eyelid and it is most likely cancerous. The vet believes that it is Squamous Cell Carcinoma. He suggests surgery but Mom and I were in contact with a lady out west and she believes that it can be healed naturally. So we are going that route first. The vet wanted to wait three weeks anyway so that it would be warmer.

Twosox did really well for the most part. He didn't like the vet looking in his nose so I have something to play with. Some people say that this particular vet can get rough with the horses so I was prepared to stand up for my horses, respectfully of course, but I didn't need too. He seemed pretty understanding. There was one time that he used his voice to correct Twosox when Twosox was backing up but other than that everything was fine.

At one point Twosox was tossing his head so the vet asked me to hold Twosox's head up a bit so he could see inside his nose and put something in Twosox's eye. I took Twosox's nose and just started to massage it (Twosox loves when I do that) and Twosox stood still for the rest of the time.

I will be sure to keep you all updated on how Twosox does. He doesn't seemed to be in much pain. He is still playing and running around with the other horses. He just has a hard time opening his eye and all. I am praying that we can find a way to heal it naturally. I don't want to have to do surgery.

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending lots of good thoughts for Twosox. I love the fact that you were ready to stand up for your horses!

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Petra! I was ready... but glad that I didn't have too.

    ReplyDelete