Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Building more confidence in Twosox and Libery with Prince.

September 21 2009

Yesterday I played with Twosox. We haven't played in a long time.... well okay it has only been a week but it has seemed like ages!! Twosox and I played with building more confidence in him. I picked up all of his feet. His front feet are really good. He will let me do almost anything with them but his back feet he is so tense when ever I pick them up. Poor guy. So I did lots of friendly game and get him relaxing before I even picked them up. That really helped. He let me hold them but like I said he was really tense. He would relax a little bit after a couple seconds. So after I had picked up each of his back legs once I stopped there. I then went and sat on the ground and we hung out together for a bit. Then Twosox started licking and chew, blowing, and yawning. He lowered his head and really relaxed. It was such a nice sight!!

Then we went and played around with being more particular about our porcupine games. Getting him to pivot instead of just walking around. Twosox caught on pretty quickly. Then we did some sideways and backing up. Twosox is so light!!

After that we walked over to the tractor tires. Twosox walked through it no problem. It is amazing how his is confident doing that now!!! He had a little bit of trouble walking through it going to the right but he did it and was confident. One time he jumped it but that was because I sent him to big and with to much energy.

All in all Twosox did really well. He was responding really well. I am really proud of him!! :)

-----------------------------

After I was finished with Twosox I had to give the horses there salt and Hoffman's minerals. We want to free feed it but we can't figure out how to free feed it plus keep the rain and dirt out. So every week I put it out for the horses in there grain pans and they eat all they want. They were all done eating except Twosox so I was standing in the corral making sure that the other horses didn't come over and drive him away before he was done. Prince was on the out side of the corral and came in. Twosox and I were close tot he gate so I asked Prince to go in between me, the fence and through the tire. Prince jumped it to my surprise. So then I got the idea of just playing with Prince at Liberty for a bit.

So I asked Prince to come to me. We did Stick to me [walk, trot, back up], draw at a trot, Sideways towards and away [both were perfect sideways too], moving the hind quarters and fore quarters around, backing up, backing by the tail, Touch it, then I asked Prince to jump the tractor tire again. Normally when ever Prince jumps something at Liberty he will then run off but this time he was in tune with me that he didn't, he just disengaged beautifully and looked at me and asked a question. He was priceless!!!!!

Prince was itchy on his chest so I spent some time scratching him. That is where we ended. It was SO much fun. The whole time Prince could have left if he wanted to but he didn't. I think that when Prince and I get into a round corral we both get REALLY bored and don't have any fun. So it was really good for both of us to be able to have some fun at Liberty!! 

After I had finished playing with Prince I was talking to my mom and Twosox came up behind me and slept right beside me for around 10 minutes while we talked. It was really sweet!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment