Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sage...

Okay so Friday September 18th we went to the meet up. I played with Sage. I don't remember her exact breed but she has some Percheron in her. She is only 13'2hh or something like that.

Anyways. I didn't do a lot with her. We went down to the arena and I sat on a log while she ate some grass for a bit then every once and a while I would ask her to move over, played friendly game with the carrot stick, disengage her hind quarters, back up etc. She did really well.  I am not sure what horsenality she is but I would say a RBI.

It was REALLY windy and rather cold but that was okay. There we other people playing so it helped her confidence. Then near the end the lady that owns Sage handed me a big plastic garbage bag and asked if I could play with it around Sage. At first Sage wasn't to sure about it. She wasn't scarred but she wasn't confident either. So I let it blow in the wind for a couple minutes then Sage started to relax a little. She even came up and sniffed it while it was blowing around!!

Then she fell asleep right beside me. It was so cute!! Her head was almost in my lap!!! It was sweet!!! Right before we went back to the barnyard I started rubbing Sage's face with the bag. She was fine with that so I moved down her leg and at the end I was able to rub her all the way down her back with the bag on both sides!!!!! I was really proud of Sage!!

On our way back Sage was REALLY in tune with me. There is a big field between the arena and the barnyard where the horses stay. When we were going to the arena all Sage wanted to do was eat and she was not listening to me at all. She was really leaning on the halter too. So one thing I did when we were playing was getting her softer and teaching her not to lean on the halter. She got REALLY sensitive and so when we were walking back to the barnyard I just had to pick up my life and Sage would start walking. We even trotted a little!!! She would only start eating when we stopped. It was really nice to have her walking with me instead of pulling her a long [or at least it seemed like that!]

She bent her head around really nicely for me and waited while I took the halter off then she slowly walked away. It was really fun!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment