Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well I wasn't sure what to title this so it isn't getting a title ;)

I played with Twosox this morning. on our way up to the riding ring we stopped at the tractor tires that were sittingin the corral. Before when I have asked Twosox to walk through then he would tried but was really scarred and got even more scarred because he foot got caught in the tire. So now when ever I ask him to walk through he will jump it. I left it for a while just because it wouldn't a huge deal that he wouldn't walk through it but today I wanted to see what he would do. So I sent him up to them. He sniffed it and offered to put it foot on the tire. I was impressed!! I waited to see what he would do next. Soon after he looked at me and asked a question. So I smiled and waited. He started putting his foot in different places and played around. Then he took his foot off so I rubbed him and then asked him to step towards the tire. He got his nose and neck over the tire and then put his foot on it again. He looked at me again and asked another question. We ended that there because Twosox did really well considering what he used to do. He licked and chewed then we went up to the riding ring. Twosox stayed right beside me the whole way up the hill. I didn't even need to ask him!!

I spent a little bit of time just rubbing Twosox and hanging out with him. Then we went and did some figure 8's. I started them normally then I moved back so that I was farther away from the tires. We only did them at a walk but Twosox did REALLY well. I ended up being about 20ft away from the tires. Twosox was a little unsure about me being farther away but he still did really well.

Then we did some Touch it from 22ft away. One time I sat down on the ground and sent Twosox over to a jump that was up. It was about 20ft away from where I was sitting. Twosox walked over it the first time then the next time I stopped him half way over. He looked at me and the look on his face was so cute!! He was like "and what is the point in this?" It was funny. He stayed there until I asked him to go the rest of the way over and come to me. After we took a rest for a while I got up and stood in a tire and sent Twosox around on the circle. He did two laps one way at the trot then we did a change of direction and went the other way.

There were some chainsaws cutting trees down [I think] somewhere near by and Twosox got really worried about them. He was half RBI and half RBE. I haven't seen Twosox go right brain in a long time but I took it and we went and did some Figure 8's, Touch it, Falling Leaf, Sideways, backing up etc to get his mind on me. After a while he started licking and chewing, sighing, blowing and relaxing. So that is where we ended. He wasn't paying total attention to me but it was a lot better. He could keep his feet still and wasn't right brain. So I took the halter off and started walking over to the gate. Twosox followed me so I started slowly running and he did the same. It was really neat!!

It was a really interesting play time that is for sure. I am so glad God gave me Twosox! He is an amazing horse and has taught me so much.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment