Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

What a busy week.... and it isn't even over yet!!

So it started off with my birthday on Monday. Here is a picture of my cake...
Normally my mom will shape it and make it all really fancy but I had no idea what I wanted it shaped like so it ended up like that. It tasted SO good!! There was strawberry jam under the icy... YUMMY!!!!
Anyways..... enough with the food.

Monday morning I played with Prince and Ruffy. I think I set a record for how fast I caught Prince, saddled him, played with him and then rode. It was cool!! We went up to the riding ring to play. We did figure 8's at a trot and canter [Online], Transitions, Change of directions, Touch it, Traveling circles, and jumping. Prince did SO well. I was really proud of him. He was so in tune with me and was responding at a phase 2 or less!!
Then I got on and rode. I started off with my hackamore on. We did some Follow the rail, Weaving, Point to point and Transitions. Prince responded really well to just my body I hardly even needed my carrot stick and reins or even my savvy string!!

Since that was going well I took my hackamore off and rode around brideless for a while. We did some figure 8's, follow the rail, and a million transitions. Then I asked Prince to jump. We started out bridleless but Prince didn't quite know what I wanted so I put my hackamore back on. I did it from Prince's back too!! He just stood so well!!!

When I asked him to jump again he did it perfectly!!! We took a rest then did it one more time. Prince was great!! When we were riding bridleless Prince was responding so well. He has come such a long way in the past couple months!!! Sitting Prince's trot is really easy for me know. It is great!!! Now we are working on Prince trotting longer. He will trot a good length but we are working on him trotting for a longer period of time. I want to start playing with Weaving at a trot more too. This fall is going to be great!! It has been great already!!!!

After I was done with Prince I played with Ruffy. I will type that later though. I have to go. We [my family and I] are going out to a Chinese restaurant for supper to celebrate my birthday!! I am excited. I love Chinese food!!! :)

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment