Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sorry for disappearing like that

Sorry for disappearing like that. This past week has been really busy.... and I mean REALLY busy. Thursday I played with and rode Prince, Friday was the meet up, and then Saturday my mom, myself and two ladies from our Parelli group went to a Ron Pyne Clinic. It was SO good!! I learned so much and took lots of notes. The morning was Level 1 stuff then the afternoon was Level 2 stuff. Even though I am not playing in either of those levels I was able to pick up on some stuff and a lot of what Mr. Pyne said could apply to any level or I could easily adapt it to my level].  Most of the day was Online but there was a little bit of Freestyle. I was able to watch a lot of what Mr. Pyne did with his horse, Buck [absolutely beautiful by the way ;)]. They are amazing together!! I now know where I am heading with Prince!! I am super excited!!

As someone from a computer game once said "Cast your mind back to ____" so I have to cast my mind back to  

Monday September 14th.....

After I had played with Prince I played with Ruffy. He was really good. Not as playful as I thought he would be but that was fine. We did traveling circles, change of directions, transitions, Sideways, backing through a weave, figure eights and lots more. Then I got on and rode. Ruffy wasn't to bad. I made sure to do our lateral flexions. Then we did some follow the rail and weaving. Ruffy wanted to go slow so we took it slow. It was really sweet when Ruffy and I were riding along the one side Ruffy was walking kind of slow but when he saw my sister he perked right up and we walked right over to her and stopped. He was so sweet!! You can tell that Ruffy really loves her!! We also did a couple 9 step back ups. Ruffy is really sensitive!!

Then I got off and let Ruffian go. He stayed around and was being his normal LBE self. He is such a great sport!!!

Now.... let see....  

Thursday September 16th 

I played with and rode Prince. We spent about 3 hours playing and riding. He was pretty good for the most part. It seems like ages ago since Thursday so I might not remember everything that we did but I will try....

I changed the shimming pattern around a little bit in my Theraflex. Prince has ruffled hairs when I take the saddle off so I am trying to figure that one out. Prince did really well on the ground. We even did some zone 5 driving, which we haven't done in a LONG time. He was amazing!!! We did some Weaving, trotting, Touch it, back up and some sideways. We didn't do that for to long because I wanted both of us to stay interested!!

We also did some figure eights, circles, transitions, touch it, jumping, sideways, weaving and more. Prince did really well at all of them!! Then I got on and rode. I wanted to play with trotting figure eights and jumping. Those were the two main things that I wanted to play with. Plus refining our direct and indirect rein.

So we started off with the Figure eights. Prince did well at the walk but when I asked him to trot around the barrels plus through the middle he started tripping and not watching where he was going. At one point Prince tripped over some poles that were on the ground and fell, to me it felt like he just went down on his front two legs but my mom [who was watching] said that he fell right down then got back up again. I am not sure if Prince was tripping because he was being lazy and just wasn't paying attention or if it was the different shimming pattern, or if it was because it was really thick sand where we were doing it. I am not sure but for some reason Prince was having trouble. We kept with it until we could almost trot the whole figure 8.

Then we went and did some Weaving, sideways, and follow the rail. Prince and I did the weave at a trot!!!! It took us a couple tries to get the trot the whole way through but we did it!!! I was really proud of Prince. Then after that I asked Prince to jump. I had added one more tire to the jump so it was higher. The first time Prince jumped it not problem but then when I asked him to jump it again he didn't want too. Now that I think back I think that he felt my uncertainty about doing it again and that is why we had to much trouble when I asked him to jump it again. I just was a little unsure and Prince felt that. To bad I didn't clue in before now. Oh well. It took us a while before Prince jumped it again. I took the one tire out also. In the end Prince did jump it but I know now that I was direct line. Even though I wasn't necessarily forcing Prince over the jump I still got direct line and that is way Prince and I have had a little bit of a set back in our riding [more on that in another post].

Prince offered to buck twice through out the ride. Once when we were doing the figure eights and the second time when we were doing the jumping. Oh how I would have changed what I did if I could go back!! Knowing what I know now. Especially since the clinic that we went to on Saturday!!!

When I took the saddle off there was a lot of ruffed hair. So it might have been from the shimming pattern or because Prince and I weren't in harmony the whole ride. We shall see next time. I am going to keep [playing around with some different shimming ideas and see what I come up with.

~K  

No comments:

Post a Comment