Saturday, September 5, 2009



I played with Prince this morning. We didn't do a lot but that was okay. Once I had halterd him I spent about 20 minutes just massaging his legs. Prince really enjoyed that.

Then we went up to the riding ring and played around with jumping one barrel, transitions and change of directions. Prince did really well with the transitions. He didn't want to walk a full circle though so we played with that. Then when he was bursting with energy I asked him to canter and he cantered two laps then I brought him in. We did lots and lots of transitions. Prince is getting really soft and is putting more slack in the rope even with out me asking!!

Our change of directions will be the next thing we really refine. They have gotten better now that our transitions are getting better but they need some work. After that I worked on picking up Prince's feet. Then after we were done that I took Prince out onto the grass and he ate for a while when we both went back down to the corral.

It was a really good play time. Short and sweet!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment