Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My boy Prince...

Oct 30 2009

Yet again Prince, Knightly, my mom and I went out to our friends farm! I am totally spoiled!! :) I spent some time cleaning Prince up. He was a mess!!! I don't really mind him being dirty but I did want him to look nice today. I tried to untangle his tail but that was hopeless.... as someone said "It looks like someone dipped his tail in chocolate" hehe that was about right. The first 1ft was nice and clean but the rest was brown. His mane was a little bit more cooperating. By the time I was finished our friend was here and so we loaded the horses up. That went well and so we were off.

When we got there we unloaded the horses. Prince and I did some stick to me in the field. That was fun!! Then I saddled Prince up. He did really well like usual. Then we went and checked out the little kids. Prince loves kids!!! He let them rub his face, hug him, give him apples [that was his favourite of all ;) lol] Then we went and played. We ran most of the way down the arena. Prince stayed right with me the whole time. Then we did some Weaving. Prince was a little clumsy at first so we kept it up until he was paying more attention. After that I asked Prince to jump a little barrel. At first he was like "You want me to do what??" but then he figured it out and jumped right over it!! It was a little but more of a challenge getting him to jump it straight on because is was shorter plus it wasn't as long so he went around it a couple times. In the end he got it though.

After that we did some Traveling circles, Transitions, Change of directions, Sideways over a log from 22ft away [at a phase 1 too!!!!] Jumping, and Touch it. It was a lot of fun. I think that if we go back again I will have to have some new things to do with Prince because I have to say it was a little boring for both Prince and myself. I had to go get the video camera so I let my good friend [parellihorseplay.blogspot.com/] hold Prince and play with him a little. They both did very well. I was so proud of both of them!!!

When we were done playing Online we played at Liberty. We did Stick to me, Jumping, Touch it from 20ft away, Sideways, Leading by the tail and more. One of the things I did [that I have always wanted to do but never had enough room to do it] was drawing at the trot but not stopping when Prince got to me but just keep running backwards [sorry if that was confusing ;)] Anyways.... it worked. Prince kept trotting and we went back quite a ways. It was fun!!! By this time it was raining pretty hard. I still wanted to ride so we kept going. Before I got on I gave a 3yr old girl a ride on Prince. It was the first time that any younger kid has been on Prince since I bought him [only myself and my sister have ridden Prince since I got him]. I wasn't sure how Prince would respond but he was a gem!!! We went for a long walk around the arena. He didn't pin his ears once!!! Which was really nice considering he was used my pony rides before I got him and he DID NOT like the idea of anyone getting on him especially little kids. I was SO proud of Prince. He did so well!!!

Now it turned out good because my saddle was wet and well I got on right after she got off...... and so I didn't have to get my jeans wet ;) ;) just kidding. Anyways Prince and I had a wonderful ride. I have to say I was more pleased with our ride than I was of our ground play. That is weird but I just thought I could have done better when we were playing on the ground. Oh well next time I will be more prepared.

Prince and I had a blast while we were riding. I rode with my two savvy strings tied together to make a set of reins. It was SOOOOOO nice riding with really light weight reins but still having two. We did Follow the rail, A Million Transitions, Point to point at the trot [most of that we did going length ways down the arena!! It was so much fun!!], Sideways, 9 step back up, refined direct and indirect rein, Weaving [at the walk and trot!] and the Question Box.

I want to comment on a couple of the things we did....

First the Point to point at the trot. I was confident enough to go all over the arena this time. We trotted for REALLY long distances and all over the place. Prince did really well and I hardly hard to redirect him and when I did it was really light, not like normal when we are trotting he doesn't want to listen to me. Plus what was really cool was that I could (1) sit Prince's trot for longer and (2) I could do a rising trot [posting] and direct Prince!!!! Normally I loose my balance a little but not today!!! It was wonderful!!!!!!! Prince and I did a lot of trotting. We both loved it!!

Secondly the Questions Box..... IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Prince was light and VERY responsive. We did it at the walk and trot. I didn't have to correct Prince to much either. I was really pleased with how that one was coming along. It was out third time doing the Question Box pattern at our friends place.

And the third thing I wanted to comment on was the Weave. Prince gave me a nice slow trot [a sitting trot trot ;)] while we did the Weave. I made sure to look where I wanted Prince to go it felt amazing!! Prince was light and we did half the Weave at a trot and the other half at a walk. I am amazed [even though I shouldn't be] but how well Prince responds to my body when I get it right!! Before Prince was just doing what I was asking!! *sigh* Never ending self improvement!! Gotta love it!! :)

After I was done riding Mrs. Smith wanted me to ride bareback for a bit. So I took my saddle off and quickly hopped on before Prince got all wet ;) There was a nice little dry patch where the saddle had been so I didn't want it getting wet. We rode over to the pedestal and climbed up on that. Prince is beginning to really like that thing now ;) Before he would walk circles around it before he would get up, now he just walks right on. After that we trotted the whole way over to the gate. The best part was that (1) I WAS BAREBACK!!!!!!!!!! and (2) Even when the sitting trot got a little bit bouncy I stuck with it and made sure I was doing everything right and it got smoother. It was interesting feeling the difference between riding in my Fusion and riding bareback. There isn't a huge difference at all. Of course riding bareback is a little bit bouncier when you start trotting but all in all it was really comfy!!!!

Since it was still pouring rain we all went in for lunch then when it was time to go my mom and I started walking down to the arena where the horses where. We had just come around the corner and where still really far away and we called them, both of them started walking over to the gate. What was even cooler was that PRINCE CAME TROTTING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course they got to the gate first but it was SO cool!!! I couldn't believe it because we were so far away when we called. I love my pony!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a really fun day all in all, even though it rained for most of it. I didn't even notice it!! We were having to much fun!! :)

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment