Monday, November 30, 2009

Trailer loading with Twosox


November 29 2009

This afternoon I played with Twosox and the trailer. It was the first time that Twosox has been near a trailer in almost two years!!! I was really proud of how well he handled everything too.

At first I was making no assumtions and so I let him eat some grass for a little while when we slowly moseyed over closer to the trailer. That was when Twosox go really worried about it. He was snorting, he couldn't look at me with two eyes, he couldn't eat etc etc so I backed up until he could walk in between me and the trailer and be confident..... it was about 35ft!!!!!! He was really worried!!!

So we just did squeezes back and forth until I could be about 10ft away from the trailer and Twosox was okay with it. He was gaining more confidence really quickly so then I asked him to touch it. He touched the spare tire that was on the side. We imediatly left and went to the other side of the yard and rested there. Then we went back. This time Twosox was WAY more confident. I went and sat on the fender and just let him eat near the side of the trailer. He was fine with that but we stayed there for a while. Then I asked Twosox so go and check out the ramp he went over and sniffed it out for a while I brought him back and gave him a rub. Twosox was really getting more confident now. He was fine putting his front to feet on the ramp but he still got a little worried when he looked right into the trailer but then I remembered that our friend suggested opening the side door. So I did that. It isnt' a big door but it is big enough that Twosox could see out. That seemed to help.

Twosox started getting really curios about the trailer and he put all of zone 1 and half of zone 2 in the trailer and was checking out the divider. I figured that I should set a goal of where I wanted to end so I decided that we would end when I could send Twosox onto the trailer ramp and back him off confidently three times. The third time Twosox actually wanted to go farther into the trailer but I just backed him off and then sat on the ramp and we hung out together for a while. I was really proud of Twosox!!! He did so well!!!! I am hoping to do it like a pattern and play with it for 4-7 times. We have it for about 2 weeks so I hope I can do that!!!

Should be fun!!
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment