Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A whole new generation is starting.....

November 1 2009

YIKES!!!!!!!! It is November already!!!!!!!! It is crazy how fast time goes!! I remember when it was February and the Auditions came out!!!!!!! Wow!!

My two little brothers had a fun time this afternoon playing with Prince. So that it will be less confusing I am going to call the older of my two younger brothers M1 and ny youngest brother M2 [Both of there names start with M ;)].

M2 lead Prince up the hill to the riding ring. I could tell that he was alittle nervous but still very excited. Since M2 is a extrovert he had A LOT of energy.

So M1 started playing first. He did very well. So did Prince. M1 did Touch it, yo-yo's, circles, sideways with out a fence [that is what you get when you have a Level 1 kid and a Level 4 horse playing together ..... when the release isn't fast enough you get stuff you didn't ask for ;) hehe]. When they were doing Touch it, Prince offered four feet on the pedestal! It was so cute!!!! M1 did VERY well on the circles. Everything, his send, allow and bring back were PERFECT!!!!! I was so proud of them both. M1 looked so savvy!!!

By this time M2, being the extrovert he is, was getting very impatient waiting for his turn. So it was his turn. It was my job to keep his mind on what he was doing and make sure he stayed safe. He did really well though. M2 did porcupine on the nose to back up, he did Touch it [The look on his face when Prince climbed on the pedestal with all four feet then looked at M2 and asked a question was PRICELESS!!!!] I think Prince felt the different energy level between M1 and M2 but he did well. He was so sweet!! Always lowering his head to let then rub him and doing what they asked.

After M2 had played for a little bit he got his very first ride on Prince. When I put him on Prince at first he had SO much energy. I could tell Prince wasn't sure what to do with all that energy up there so I had to tell M2 that even though he was excited he still had to settle down and not have so much energy. At first M2 didn't want to go very far or very fast. But then once we took a couple steps he was fine. He didn't want to get off. So we walked around, M2 would decided where he wanted to go then we would walk over to that spot then stop have a quick rest and then be off again. I had the bareback pad on Prince and it was really cute because M2 was holding the handle and some of Prince's mane. I think I have a picture of it.....

Yep! Here is a pic....



After a little while M2 got down. I showed him how to get off the right way. I was REALLY proud of all three boys [M1, M2, and Prince]. They can hardly wait to play and ride again. M1 has decided that he doesn't want to start riding until he is in Level 2 Online. That is totally fine with me.

After the boys were finished playing with Prince I played around with him feet. He did really well. I don't have to play with him before I pick up his feet now so that is an improvement. After I was done with his feet we just spent some undemanding time for a while. Then just for fun I climbed up on one of the small tires and started playing around with mounting Prince bareback from there. I can do it from the pedestal so this was more of a challenge. Prince got a little defensive about be bouncing up and down. I was prepared for that though because of what happened to him before I got him. So I just kept bouncing and not really playing any attention to his pinned ears and such and after a while he realized that everything was fine. I was able to mount him successfully about 6 times. I was pretty impressed, considering I was only about 5 inches off the ground.

Anyways.....

M2 is now saying he wants a little pony. My mom and I were watching one of the Savvy DVD's and M2 saw Barmun and fell in love with him. So that is how it all started. I didn't know if we will get one but you never know!!! I never thought we would have 4 horses!!!! Should be interesting.....

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment