Monday, November 1, 2010

Prince: It keeps getting better!

Oct 29 2010

Prince and I started out playing with sideways at a trot this morning, one thing that we have been playing with more recently but having some trouble with. Today we had a small break through though and so that was really good.
After that we went out and played in the fields on the 45ft line. Prince did really well and we got 2 circles at the canter in each direction with rhythm, relaxation and connection!! Then we did some traveling circles, spirals at a trot, changes of direction, maintaining gait and direction while going up and down big hill, backing up the hills, and lots of other fun stuff! We both had a lot of fun! 

Then we headed back to the arena and we rode. Prince and I started out with circles. They are getting better and better! Even though it was hard at some points because it was really windy and we were riding straight into the wind... so it got a little hard to stay focused and balanced! But we made it. I only had to make 1 or 2 corrections each direction. My goal is to be able to do it with my arms folded which I think we are really close to getting. 

After that we rode the Cloverleaf Pattern! This was our very first time riding ring because we don't have enough room in our riding ring and we don't have corners so it makes it hard but Prince did so well today! We rode it in both directions. The first one was the hardest but after that Prince just kept getting better and we both really liked it! We did it at the trot and I think it is going to be one of those patterns that we shall both end up loving ;) 

The last thing we did was some Follow the rail at the canter. I am starting to ask Prince to canter farther distances now and he did so well!! To the right we cantered just over half the arena and to the left we cantered two sides!! I was soooooooooooooooooo happy!! Prince picked up the correct leads fairly easily, he had a little bit of a harder time to the left but he still got it pretty quickly. It was incredible!! 
We then opened the gate and rode out... I let Prince eat for a bit and then I got off and we went back to the pasture. Prince is doing so well and we are both having a lot of fun. I am not sure how we are going to adjust back into being home when the two weeks are up but somehow we shall. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment