Friday, November 26, 2010

Prince: Reviewing some small things

November 25 2010
 
Today Prince and I just reviewed some smaller things that I want make sure we keep up on. Since the riding ring is frozen but there is no snow so it is really hard Prince and I played on the 12ft line and kept it simple. We did some Stick to me. We played with halt-trot transitions which got really light and snappy.
 
After that we played with some circles, yo-yo's, jumping the single barrel from a walk and trot, changes of direction at the trot on the 12ft line, and some Touch it. We did one Touch it where I wanted to get Prince's left hind foot in a small tire so I decided to do it from zone 5. To get the end result we used leading by the tail and sideways mainly but a couple times either Prince or I got it wrong so we had to play with it. It didn't take long though and Prince had a big lick and chew afterward. I love picking simple tasks and doing them it a little bit harder way! It is also so much fun! 

Next I hopped on and rode around bareback with my carrot stick and one rein. We did sideways, back-up's with no reins (using just my body), sideways over barrels, indirect rein with out and reins, and standing with all four feet on the pedestal. We didn't ride long because it was getting colder but it was still fun and it was nice to get back on and play with some little things... making sure they are working right for the next time I ride! 

I am thinking that I probably won't do a whole lot of riding until we get snow because of the ground issue. I am really looking forward to the snow! I am tired of the mud, died grass, brown trees... etc etc  :) Besides I am really looking forward to going trail riding a lot this winter :) All that snow!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment