Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Getting my energy UP for my LBI?!?!

Yep that is what I had to do this morning when I played with Prince.

When I came back down into the corral after playing with Twosox Prince came over to me!! That was a nice surprise!! We went up to the riding ring. I sat on a rock and hung out with Prince for a couple minutes while my mom was finishing her traveling circle game with Knightly, yes it takes up almost all of the riding ring.

Then Prince and I went into play. We started with some circles. All I asked for way 4 laps at a trot. Prince did that perfectly. He only pulled on the rope once or twice but other then that there was a lot of slack in the rope. I am trying to have around three things that I would like to do with each horse when ever I go out and play. That way it is interesting for me and them plus we don't get caught up in to many circles ;)

I then asked Prince to back up to two tires that were stacked on each other. It as so funny because Prince backed right up and then put both his back legs in the stack of tires!!!! It was so funny to see the look on his face!!! So I came to the conclusion that Prince isn't really bothered by things in zone 5 ;) hehe We backed up to the tarp, the barrels lots of stuff!!

Prince and I then went and I asked him to jump the one barrel lying down. Prince had so much energy and was offering lots of stuff! Everything but jumping the barrel. After a couple tries he made it!! Prince is such a quick learner!!!

Then I wanted to quickly work on out Transitions. Prince was amazing yet again. Our change of directions still need work but it will all come in time. They were really good but I guess they fell apart.... well I KNOW they fell apart. That is certain :) They are fine at the walk so we just need to play with them at the trot then all should be good. Prince gave me one REALLY nice change of direction at the trot so we stopped with that.

Then we went to figure 8's. Those were really INTERESTING!!!! Prince had SO much energy and was flying around, totally ignoring me. I was like "what do I have to do to get your attention??" Then I realized it!! I still had my energy at my normal level for Prince. So I really had to get my energy up. I had to match his and go 4 ounces over. Once I did that things started to change for the better. I was really surprised how much I had to bring my energy up. Prince was sweating a lot. Poor guy :( We finally got some REALLY nice and smooth figure 8's. They were amazing.

We did some stick to me. It is so much better since yesterday!!! The only complaint I have is that when ever Prince caught up to me the bugs suddenly got really bad ;) I wonder why?? lol After we did some of that I got on and rode. I stood on the pedestal and jumped up. I haven't done that in a while. I am kind of glad that Prince is short! Makes it easier!! Prince is SO comfy bareback. I had forgotten how comfortable he is!! I didn't want to do a lot and it was getting warmer so I didn't ride long but we worked on refining out indirect and direct rein, 9 step back up and sideways. We did a little bit of trotting too. At first his trot was really bouncy but then he slowed down and gave me a really nice trot!!

Then we did some point to point. Prince wasn't interested at first but soon he got really good at following my focus and stopping when I relaxed. It was great!!! At the end Prince was responding well and really in tune with me. It was fun!!

Can't wait for tomorrow!!
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment