Saturday, August 22, 2009

Online, Liberty and Freestyle with a LBI

August 19 2009

We had some people come over to visit and after we had visited for a while they wanted to see what we are doing with the horses. So I haltered Prince and we all went up to the riding ring. Prince and I started by played Online. We did Touch it with different zones, sideways towards and away from me, leading by the tail, zone 5 driving, and circles. Prince did so well. He was amazing!!

Then I set two barrels on end and asked Prince to jump them. This was the first time that I had asked Prince to jump only two barrels normally I have three lined up. Prince jumped it perfectly!!! We did that a couple times, the last time Prince jumped it he knocked over the out side barrel but that was no big deal. So I disengaged Prince and brought him in. After a short rest I backed him out again and was going to send him sideways but Prince took off on the circle and offered to jump the remaining barrel that was standing up!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!!!! I think I was the most surprised by it. It was incredible!!!!

Then we played at Liberty. Prince wasn't the best but he still did well. We did some circles, sideways, Touch it, sideways over a barrel, drawing in at a trot, and Transitions. Prince left twice but he always came back.

After that I climbed on bareback. It was interesting because after I had finished riding and was inside the house it kind of hit me that I had just ridden Prince. I guess I just figured that I would have some sort of confidence issue since I had just fallen off Twosox the day before.

Anyways. Prince and I did Figure 8's, Follow the rail, Point to point, trotting, Sideways, and 9 step back up. I am getting addicted to riding bareback!!! Prince was again, amazing!! Right near the end he offered to trot so I took it and we trotted for a bit. I was really surprised that I could ride Prince's trot bareback and not feel unbalanced. It was great!! Really comfy too!

I have something to work on the next time I ride too. I was trying to get Prince to put all four feet in the pedestal while I was on him. He has some it before but this time he didn't want to or didn't understand what I wanted. No problem. We played with it for a while and almost got it but not totally. So I just left it at a good spot and got off. I will know what to work on next ride! :)

Considering I wasn't planning on played with Prince he did incredibly well. I was so proud of him!!

~K



No comments:

Post a Comment