Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Incredible, simply incredible.

Today... more like this morning was simply incredible. It was a beautiful morning weather wise. It felt like fall!!!

I played with Twosox first. Knightly and Twosox were in the shelter when I went out. So I went to see Prince and Ruffy then I went and sat in the shelter with Twosox for a while. He wasn't to sure about me sitting on the rails in the shelter but after a bit he relaxed. I decided to halter him while I was sitting there. Yes I am lazy ;) After I haltered him we just spent some time hanging out in the shelter. Twosox wasn't totally confident so I just waited till he relaxed.

Then we went up to the riding ring. We started with some Figure 8's while I was standing on the pedestal. The barrels were about 15ft away from where I was standing. It was hard!! Once Twosox got the pattern it was a little bit easier. Then we got the hang of it and it was fine.

When I brought Twosox in he came right in confidently then I ask him to step up onto the pedestal with me. He did! Then I just spent some kind playing friendly. I noticed that Twosox was only tolerating a lot of thing i.e. the extreme friendly game. Even in other things he wasn't really confident, he wasn't scarred, kind of on the edge. Now I don't know if it was just today or if he is always like this but I just didn't notice it. Either way I played with the horse that showed up. We spend quite a while on the pedestal. I wanted to wait till he relaxed. After a little while he finally did then I started doing some extreme friendly game. Twosox was a lot more confident. Good thing I didn't accidentally hit him ;) Then I got off and asked him to step up with all four feet. Twosox used to have some trouble with this but today he climbed right up. He had comes o far!!

Then we went and played some Touch it, from zone 5. We went over to check out the ball. Twosox wasn't to sure about it at first but then he touch it then looked at me and asked a question. He was SO cute!!! Our draw is getting so much better!! That is really the only thing that I am waiting to get better before we got to Liberty.... plus I have to wait till the deer flies go away so we can go down to the round corral.

Since zone 5 driving with one reins was going really well I tied the 22ft line into 2 reins. Normally I use two 22ft lines but my mom was using the other one. No problem. I wanted to try this anyways. Twosox did so well!!!! At first we just did Touch it. I wanted to let Twosox get really confident with me behind him. He is okay with me there but I want him to be REALLY confident before I ask him to do a lot of complicated things. I figure that Touch it will be great because in doing it Twosox still has to listen to me and be directed etc. Twosox was doing so well that I decided to try some figure 8's.

WOW! He did SO well!!! He responded so well and was so in tune with me. It was amazing!! We took a long break after that. He licked and chewed about that and was really relaxed. It was nice to see Twosox really truly relaxed.

Then I asked him to go to the pedestal and put his front two feet on it. Twosox didn't want to. he would walk around it, go crooked etc. I didn't read it at a confidence thing. But it wasn't really being dominate. So we played with it. Every time he got up on it I would give him a long rest then go do something else and then come back to it again. Every time it got better. Then by the end he walked up to it, straight and climbed up. That is were we ended.

I sat down on the pedestal and we spent a little bit of time there. Then I took the halter off. We stayed there for a little bit longer. Twosox is so sweet!!! Since it was so nice out I decided to play with Prince. But I will have to type that later. I have to go.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment