Monday, August 17, 2009

Liberty at last!!

So this morning I wasn't planning on playing with a horse... I was going to cut the grass but then I decided to quickly say hi to the horses and then set up the round corral in our riding ring. Prince came over to meet me. We we spent some time hanging out together then the other horses came over.

After spending some time with all the horses I grabbed the pickets and electric fence wire and headed up to the riding ring. I have been putting off doing this for so long because I didn't want to make our 100x55ft riding ring even smaller by putting a round corral in. But it needed to be done so I did it. I even turned it on so that Prince would get zapped once then not go through it when we were playing at Liberty. So after that was done I just had to try it out right? I couldn't leave it not being used so I went down to the corral and caught Prince. We did stick to me up the hill. It was really funny because there was a small tree branch that was lying on the hill and there was this little branch sticking up from me it was maybe 1 1/2 inches around and so when we were trotting up the hill Prince jumped it!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!

We played Online for a bit. We did some amazing Transitions and Change of directions Online, I asked Prince to jump one barrel lying down. At first he as like "Do I have to?" Each time he got a little better then the last time he jumped right over it, didn't even touch the barrel then he turned and faced me and asked a question. What a special boy!!!

Our leading by the tail is getting so much lighter!! Prince will back up lightly and quickly. Is is great!! We are now working on drawing backwards from zone 5. Prince will do about 4 steps then stall a little bit. But we are getting there.

Then we did some Stick to me, sideways towards and away from me, circles, transitions [which were AMAZING! Prince was SO in tune with me all I did was relax and he would slow down and our upward transitions were totally cool too!!!] We also did change of directions, leading by the tail and Touch it at Liberty. I think I will have to keep our Liberty sessions a little shorter then today's.

After we were done playing at Liberty Prince and I played around with mounting by the neck. Prince was totally fine with me jumping on him neck but as soon as I was on his neck he would lower his neck even farther and I would slid down. It was funny! We kept playing with it and I was able to get up about 4 times successfully!!!! A couple times he would walk forwards a little bit not bad for the first day!!

Then we rode around for a bit. We didn't do to much. Prince was responding SO well to my body and I hardly had to use the reins. Now all we have to do is get our stopping better then we are ready for brideless!!! Hmmmm that doesn't sound quite right....a LBI that needs help stopping.... hehe but it is true! Prince will go and go and go but stopping is what we have a little bit more trouble with. Oh well I love having something to work on!!!!

It was SO hot when we were done playing. But thankfully the bugs weren't to bad. We are getting our summer in August! It is supposed to be cooling down now not getting warmer!!!! Oh well, as long as September is fall like I will be happy. I don't want it it to feel like the middle of summer on my Birthday ;)

~K

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!
    Oh and don't worry, it's really chilly down here, so it's bound to get up by you guys by your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was so much fun!

    Oh good!! I hope it comes soon!! ;)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete