Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Prince: Little Liberty Demo

April 9, 2011

This afternoon a friend of ours came over with her daughter and grandchildren to see the horses. I was getting ready to leave for work but I had about ten minutes until I had to leave so I played at Liberty with Prince. 

We did close range stick to me at the walk and trot, sideways towards and away from me, jumping a single barrel, Touch it from 15ft away, straddling a barrel, pushing the ball, leading by the tail, and extreme friendly game. 

The whole time I was thinking of what Mr. Parelli says about impressing them when what you know, not what you don't know (very loosely quoted) and it worked :) I kept it simple and short (because I didn't have a lot of time anyway) and I think they were impressed :) I was really proud of Prince and how well he did, especially the fact that the other horses were eating and I took him away from his food!! Well, not exactly because he did come over to me when he saw me but he was eating. That in and of itself would have been enough, my LBI left his food to come see me!!! 

I love Prince so much! I am so blessed to have him on this amazing journey!

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments: