Saturday, April 9, 2011

Twosox: March 30 - April 5, 2011

March 30, 2011 

I scratched some itchy spots, gave him his supplements and hung out for a bit. We have been having a lot of fun lately since I have been playing with him more!! 

March 31, 2011 

Today Twosox and I played Online for a short while and then moved onto Liberty! While we played Online we played with some circles on the 12ft line, changes of directions, sideways over poles, Touch it, leading by the hocks and some other small things. Then I took the halter off and we played at Liberty. 

We didn’t do a whole lot at Liberty but played with stick to me with my hand on Twosox’s neck, Touch it, leading by the mane and some other small things and then we spent some undemanding time and I brushed Twosox… man can he shed a lot of hair! :) 

April 3, 2011 

Undemanding time. 

April 2, 2011 

Twosox and I played at Liberty today. We had a lot of fun playing Stick to me, leading by the mane, pushing/pawing and kicking the ball, Touch it, and jumping single barrels!! At first Twosox wasn’t to sure about jumping the barrel but after a couple tries he jumped over it no problem!! It was really fun! Then we hung out for a bit and I groomed Twosox again. He is shedding so much! 

We had so much fun and were able to give Mom some pointers on leading by the mane. Twosox is so much fun!! He left a couple times but came back quickly. Our Liberty is getting so much better!!

When he did leave I took it and used it and asked him to canter around. He had an easier time getting into the canter at Liberty than Online… Hmmm… how interesting. I am going to play with that more. The weather has been so nice that I have been spending so much more time just hanging out with the horses which is really nice!!

April 5, 2011 

I was away all day but when I got back I needed some time with my horses so I hung out with them, scratched itchy spots and breathed the fresh air. Being in the city gives me a headache I was born to live outside :) But it was a productive day nonetheless :) I just appreciate my horses so much more when I return :)

--------------------------------

Last week I have played with Twosox a lot (and I loved every minute!!) The best part is that Twosox has become a different horse when I walk into that herd. Instead of just carrying on with his own thing, he will come over to me and want to be with me. Even if the two boss horses are with me he is right behind them waiting for his turn :) What a change!! I am loving it! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment