Friday, July 10, 2009

Catch up time!

Well this is where I have to catch up on the last couple play times with my boys!! One thing that has happened is that I am switching the Wintec 500 for a Wintec Wide. I think that it will fit Twosox better and also fit Prince. So hopefully that will be here Monday!!! I am excited!!!

Now let see.... okay so on July 6 [man that seems like a long time ago! ;)] Prince and I had a REALLY REALLY great ride!!! We had did lots of stuff on the ground before we rode. We did zone 5 driving with two lines, that is getting SO much better!!! We did figure 8's, trotting, Touch it and lots of other stuff all from zone 5!!! I was able to keep it short and interesting both Prince and I. We did change of directions, w/t/c transitions, sideways towards me and sideways at a trot. It was SO much fun!!

When I got on Prince we just stood still for a little bit then we went straight to follow the rail at the trot. I wanted to work on my fluidity at the trot and I figured that following the rail was good because Prince would have a job. Well before I could ask Prince to do follow the rail at the trot we had to fix our very much broken follow the rail. After a couple laps around the riding ring Prince knew what his job was so I asked him to trot. It was okay but I still didn't feel that fluid. So I kept experimenting with different things, moving different parts of my body etc. I did find that I could sit his trot a lot better than before. My mom was watching me and she said that it looked really good.

After about 10 minutes of experimenting I finally found what I problem is..... now the sad thing is that it was so obvious that is should have seen it!! But anyways it was a BFO that is for sure!!! Are you ready for this.... it was my focus!!! Like DUH!!!!! Oh well you live and learn. I had to make sure I when we were trotting that I was focusing far ahead at another fence post and as soon as I was doing that riding Prince's trot was a breeze!! I mean I could sit his trot, I could do a rising trot, even when he trotted really fast it was like he wasn't trotting as all!!!

We took a break from trotting and played around with our sideways, Prince gave me a perfect sideways with just a little bit of pressure from my savvy string and leg!!!! It was beautiful!!!! We also did [for the first time ever!] sideways over a barrel!! and I didn't even have my carrot stick!! Prince is getting SO much lighter!!

We did a little bit more trotting. We have never trotted so much before!! We almost trotted one whole circuit!!! It was great!! Prince had a little bit of trouble walking along one side of the riding ring. I think he saw something in the bush so we played around with that. It was fun!! We also did some FABULOUS figure 8's Prince was light and really responding to my seat and FOCUS!!!

So my focus is something I really have to work on and not just when we are trotting but in EVERYTHING!!

After I had got off my mom asked me to do figure 8's with Prince so that she could see how we do them so she would now how to do them with Knightly. So Prince and I did. Prince trotted the whole time!! We got the best figure 8's that we have EVER gotten!!! Then my mom challenged me to try then at Liberty. So we did. Prince was really good. He was going ever so slow but they were figure 8's non the less. At the end Prince came trotting into me and I didn't even ask for it!! He is such a special boy!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment