Sunday, July 5, 2009

Horses makes my world go round

July 2 2009

So I was having a slow day. I didn't feel like I had done much and I guess it was showing because mom was like "Have you been out with Prince lately?" I said no I hadn't. She was like "You need to get out and play with him!"

So I went out and haltered Prince. I had a couple things I wanted to try but not much planned. It was just want I needed. We had an AMAZING play time!!!! Prince cantered 4 laps like it was nothing, I picked up all four of his feet and held them for a long time, we did an obstacle course, Touch it, Prince gave me some TOTALLY COOL change of directions they were amazing!!! Then when we were done I went and sat on the pedestal and Prince came over and climbed up right beside me!! It was so cute!!!

I worked some more with Prince's feet. He did really well. Then Ruffy came up and was being REALLY cute just watching Prince and I from the gate. So I let him in. Then I let Prince go and haltered Ruffy. I let Prince out on the grass. He liked that ;)

Ruffy and I had a lot of fun playing. I would play with him a little then pick out a foot and pick it out then go do something else. I had to think SO hard because I would think of something then we would go do it but Ruffy would do catch on so quickly that I had to keep thinking up new things.

Then thought that I should teach Ruffy to bow. Ruffy figured it out in like 2 minutes!!! He almost did a complete bow too!!!! Then we just spend some time together not really doing much. We had already done some circles, change of directions, jumping from a stand still, sideways towards and away and lots of other stuff. Ruffy is so clever!!!

When I was done with Ruffy I went to get Prince and close off the little strip of grass he is on and he came right over to me when I got there!!! Such a sweet horse!!!! I was defiantly a lot happier when I was done playing.

It turns out that our trimmer came over to trim some of the horses about an hour later so back out I went, this time in the pouring rain. But it was fun!! Prince was first. I was SOOOOOO proud of him!!! He was almost perfect!!! We set a record time of how long it took to trim all four of Prince's feet. It only took 45 minutes. Big difference from the very first time she trimmed Prince, it took her 2 hours on ONE foot!! Prince has come a long way!!!

So needless to say, I had a really good day!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment