Sunday, July 12, 2009

More on focus!

July 9 2009

Prince and I had another great play time and ride today!!! We didn't really do anything new on the ground. Prince wanted to buck when he went into the canter on the circle so I let him get all that out on the ground... I did NOT want to ride that!! :)

When I was riding I worked on my fluidity again. It was even easier to sit Prince's trot!!! It is amazing how much having focus can do!!! Prince was willing to trot too. So that was nice. One time started trotting really fast and I lost my balance a little bit but I realized after that I was looking at the ground in front of him instead of far ahead!!!! No wonder ;) So the next time he started trotting faster I made sure that I was focusing and I didn't even notice that Prince was trotting really fast.

We also worked on our sideways. Prince was having a little bit of trouble with it so I took it slow and made sure my body was right and pretty soon it was fine. We even went sideways both ways over two tires stacked!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

I played around with riding with just my savvy string. At first Prince would just run right through the pressure but near the end of our ride he would yielding to it really good!! At the end of our ride I stood up on Prince. He really couldn't care less. I swung my arms around and he just stood there perfectly still. I love you Prince!!!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment