Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interesting play time with Twosox...

July 8 2009

Twosox and I had an interesting play time together. I wasn't really in the mood for playing with a horse but I thought I would go out and just do some small stuff.

Twosox did pretty good on the ground. I put the bareback pad on him too. I wanted to ride him in it and see how it felt. It slid back a little because of his conformation. I can't wait till I find a saddle that fits him really well and he becomes more of a "good banana". Lord willing that will be soon.

After we played on the ground for a bit I got on a rode. We did some follow the rail, point to point then I wanted to work on some sideways quickly before the rain started [I was watching the dark gray clouds coming in]. Twosox was having trouble getting his hind quarters over and I should have gotten slower but I didn't and so he started getting worried. After about 5 minutes and we still were not getting any progress I decided to get off and try and fit it from the ground. I was almost frustrated and I knew that wouldn't help any.

Now the interesting thing was that our sideways on the ground was pretty good but while I was on the ground I remembered what Mrs. Parelli said one time that if your horse is having trouble going sideways GET SOFTER!! So I got back on and took it really slow and made sure that I get Twosox lots of time to get his body in the right place and move his hind quarters over. As soon I did that [plus I made sure that I was relaxed before I got back on him] he gave me some almost perfect sideways!!! Once we got some good sideways both ways I got off. By this time it was pouring rain but that was okay I don't mind getting wet and I was really glad to be able to work through that.

Now that I think back it was a pretty good play time but at the time I was kind of discouraged because when ever I play with Prince we have AMAZING play times and it is a lot of fun but with Twosox it was harder and really makes me think!! But I guess that is why I bought him.... to make me think.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment