Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I have a feeling that EVERYTHING is going my way!!!!!!!!!"

Okay well maybe not everything but almost everything. This morning was SO nice, the weather was perfect and I had two totally incredible play times and rides with my horses.

I got up about 6:15 and went out to play with the horses. I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful fall like weather. You couldn't quite see you breathe but almost!! I played with Twosox first. He stood really well while I saddled him up, then we went up to the riding ring. There were these little mosquitoes type bugs that I think are called no-see-ums and when they bite they BITE. Those things are totally horrible!! Twosox, being the sensitive he is was really bothered by them but we survived.

We didn't really do a lot on the ground. But what we did do was really coo. We did some figure 8's, circles, transitions, leading by the tail, zone 5 driving, sideways and change of direction. Twosox and I worked on don't change gait and don't change on the circle. Twosox would trot up to 4 circles one way but only 2 the other way. It was REALLY cool because when Twosox was circling to the left he started to stretch!! On the first circle his trot was pretty normal, big and bouncy but then he started to soften and relax. Then when he was on about the 3 circle he started to lower his head, stretch and blow. I was REALLY happy!!!! I did hill therapy with Twosox last year but he didn't really change his conformation any. So this was great!!!

Our change of directions are getting a lot better too. Twosox was really in tune with me on those!! The whole time Twosox was circling the belly of the rope was on the ground. He is SO sensitive!!! I now have something to work on with Prince!!! We also played with short range circles a little bit. Twosox got the pattern really quickly and he soon was walking and trotting around me at about 4ft and the rope had lots of slack in it. It was amazing! We are ready for Liberty.... if only the round corral wasn't so far away. Oh well we will just have to brave the deer flies and do it.

We also did some leading by the tail and zone 5 driving. Twosox was so light and backed up with just a few hairs!! We did some Touch it from zone 5. Next time I want to put two reins on. Twosox is really good with two reins but I just never remember to do it.

Then I got on and rode. We did figure 8's, follow the rail, sideways, and circles. Our figure 8's were awful so we went to just doing circles around the barrels till he got that pattern then when we went back to the figure 8 pattern it was a lot better. At first we did close circles around the barrel then we mixed it up so sometimes we would circle close then circle farther away from the barrel. It was good. I had to play around with how I should have my body but once I got it the circles got even better!!!

Then we went back to the figure 8's pattern. It was WAY better. Twosox was great!! Then we went and did some follow the rail at the trot. Twosox's trot was SO much nicer to ride!!! I really tried to sit his trot. Doing a rising trot in an english saddle is something I am still trying to master.... more like figure out how to stay balanced!! We shall get there. Right now a sitting trot it a lot easier.

Twosox's sideways is getting really good. He will now go sideways with out a fence and I don't even need my carrot stick. Our 9 step back up is getting nicer too. I think I have it figured out how light I need to be. It is REALLY LIGHT!!!! If I am not light enough Twosox will tell me, instant feedback!!

It didn't seem like we did a lot but I guess we did. I guess I rode for longer then I thought!!!! Twosox was really great. I found that I really need to me clear with my body and focus and once I get that he will respond SO well and I don't even need my carrot stick or reins!!!

I have been having so much fun playing with Twosox!! He is great!!!

I will post about Prince's and my play time and ride soon!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment