Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just playing around.

Since I am supposed to trim Twosox tomorrow I decided to play with Prince today... I decided that instead of catching Prince, going up to the riding ring, playing, then riding etc etc I would just go spent some UD time with the horses and do some little things with Prince here and there. So I went in to the corral halter and carrot stick in hand then walked over to the manger and just sat down and hung out with the horses for a bit. Then I remembered that Prince had two big knots in his mane... that's what you get when you have a REALLY REALLY long mane.... so I started the big process of untangling it. Prince thought that it was as good of time as any to take a nap so he slept on while I took the knots out. Well now all the knots are out but it looks like someone put curlers in Prince's mane and left it there for about 3 weeks!!!! It is interesting... hehe ;) 

After that I layed down in the manger and watched my beautiful horses eat. It was fun! Then after a while I was starting to get cold so I got up and walked over to Prince who just so happened to be lined right up to the manger. So I played some friendly game in zone 3, then I put my leg over Prince and slid on. He wasn't to happy about it though. So I just rubbed him and then slid off. Now me being me couldn't end it there so I got back up on the edge of the manger as if I was going to get back on again. Prince pinned his ears so I just rubbed him until his ears went forward then stopped.

I knew I shouldn't fix the problem while Prince was bridleless so I got my halter and haltered Prince then started the process all over again. This time Prince was much better so I got on him, rubbed him then got off. I did this three times just to make sure he was happy with it all again. Then I let Prince go. After that all I wanted Prince to do was move his hindquarters over a little so I could get out but he thought I was asking for sideways so we went sideways for about 20ft before he stopped and moved his hind quarters over. So then we played with that until Prince understood what I wanted. He figured it out quickly.

Then just for fun I put my carrot stick and savvy string around Prince's neck and we went up to the riding ring to see how my mom and Knightly were doing. Prince followed REALLY nicely. We did some stick to me on our way up the hill then we stopped right outside the gate and spent some time there for a while. We did a little bit of circling game at Liberty right on the hill. It was really close range but it was fun!! We did a couple other things while mom was letting Knightly go. It was really cool though because Knightly went right down the hill when mom let him go and I had "let go" of Prince, I wasn't didn't have my carrot stick and string around his neck, but when Knightly went down the hill Prince just stayed with me and then he started looking after Knightly as if he was going to leave but then he looked at me and asked a question as if he was asking if he could go. So I just softly pointed down the hill and then he left. It was really neat though!!

It was really cold... -20 something with the wind but it was still a lot of fun!! Hopefully tomorrow is warmer so we won't freeze while I am trimming Twosox!! :)

~Keri

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Journey, Keri. Loved looking at the pictures and skimming through your posts.

    KD(Parelli Forum name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KingDuncan! I am glad you enjoy it!:)

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete