Saturday, January 16, 2010

WOW!

Right now it feels like Twosox and I have gone from Level 2 to Level 4 in just a week!!

I played with Twosox today. It was so much fun! We only played for about.... 30 minutes but I think it was probably the best 30 minutes we have EVER had. 

We started with some Touch it then went and did some circles. Twosox is really starting to get in tune with me on the circle it is amazing. We did some transitions, change of directions, spiral on the circle, and some traveling circles. Twosox even cantered over 1/2 a circle confidently!!!! It was so much fun!!

After that we did some sideways, leading by the tail, stick to me, drawing to me at the trot and some other stuff. Then we did Figure eights. They had improved a lot since last time so that was good. This time it went much quicker and then Twosox gave me two AMAZING figure eights!! He didn't look away when he was coming around the right barrel and he trotted most of it and offered to canter once also!! I was really proud of him. 

Then I set the barrels on end and put then in between the fence and the tractor tire that is standing up. I didn't really expect Twosox to jump them... but HE DID! I couldn't believe it! The first time he jumped them from a walk. I don't know how he did it but he did. He knocked the barrel over but it was still amazing. So I brought him in and gave him a long rest then I sent him back out and asked him to do try again. This time he was even better and jumped it perfectly! He trotted up to it and jumped right over them! It was incredible! Twosox had a big lick and chew after that. Then I let him go. I was so proud of him! I can definitely see the left brain side of Twosox. It is amazing the difference in him ever since I changed! 

When I let Twosox go he stayed with me for a while then he left. We are having so much fun now!

~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment