Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zone 5 driving ans Stick to me

I played with Prince yesterday morning (January 11 2010). It was actually warmish out!!! Something like -3.... it was so nice!!

Prince didn't want to be caught. I mean I could have caught him but he would have just tolerated it. So I decided to play with it a little. I put the halter and rope around Prince's leg and then sat on the edge of the manger and we did some leading by the leg etc. Then Prince decided to take off. So I let him go and then we played the catching game once Prince caught me I walked away and he followed me. So then I went to put the halter on but decided to just tie it around Prince's neck instead of putting it on the whole way. So we then went and did some sideways, spins and a couple other things. Prince wasn't quite sure what to think about the whole thing but he responded perfectly to everything I asked him. Before we went up to the riding ring I finished putting the halter on then we played some Stick to me up the hill. Normally we run up the hill or something like that so this time I decided to see how slow we could walk up the hill. At first Prince couldn't figure out what I wanted but then he caught on and we walked really slowly up the hill. It was so much fun!!!

Once we were in the riding ring we did some Stick to me... walk/trot/canter/ backup. Prince would start cantering almost as soon as I started cantering in my body. It was really cool but tiring.... all that running in the snow!! Prince was doing really well so I decided to do some two line zone 5 driving.

Prince did REALLY well and I was really proud of him. We started off with a little Touch it then we did circles at the trot and some change of directions. Prince is really getting the hang of those now. This time I let Prince have all the length of the rope. I was more confident that my rope handling skills we good enough that I wouldn't trip him up or anything ;) It was great fun!! After that we did some sideways [again I was at the end of the reins... so that would be around 22ft away from Prince or so] it was almost perfect! Prince did so well!!!

After that we went to Figure eights..... the dreaded figure eights!! They were actually really good. At first Pricne broke gait twice I think but he picked up the trot again when I asked. Once we got one good Figure eight at the trot we stopped. Prince was relaly in tune with me and we had a blast... one Prince remembered the pattern ;) 

I decided to stop there because it was a really good note to end on. I let Prince go and then we spent a little bit of undemanding time together. Then I let Prince go. It was so much fun! I can't wait to play with him again!

~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment