Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Maintaining gait, bowing and zone 5 driving...

January 4 2010

Prince and I had a wonderful play session. I didn't have a whole lot of time to play but I really wanted to play with him so I went out. We only did a couple things.... but they were big.

We did maintaining the canter on the circle. Prince cantered 4 laps and only broke gait once but picked up the canter again. It was really cool because the snow was fresh so you could see that Prince cantered a perfect circle!!! He got a LONG rest after that. I was so proud of Prince!!

After that we played around with bowing. This was our first official time of doing it. Prince caught on really quickly. After a couple minutes his knee was about 3-4 inches from the ground and he was stretching really far. I guess it was easier because he is food motivated ;) Prince did really well it should be interesting to see how it progress over the next couple play sessions!!

The last thing we did was zone 5 driving with two lines. We haven't done this in a LONG time. We have done one line driving here and there but not with two lines. We started out and some Touch it then we did some circles, walk/trot, stop, and change of directions. Prince did REALLY well. I had my carrot stick with me so that helped too. Before Prince would not respond to the reins when I asked him to go faster he would do everything else but that. So having my carrot stick really helped. We also did sideways towards me. I was really surprised at how light Prince was. He responded so well!!!! It was amazing!!

Even though we didn't play long it was an AMAZING play time and I can't wait till we can play again!!

~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment