Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter fun with my boy!

Today my surcingle and winter riding gloves came in the mail. We ordered them before Christmas but the gloves were on back order so finally they came in! So this afternoon I went out and Prince and I had a lot of fun!! I grabbed a sled and tire to keep the sled from flipping all over the place.

Prince did SO well! I was really proud of him. While we were in the corral I got him used to the different sled [this one was plastic and the last one he had following him was wooden]. It didn't take for Prince to be okay with the sled following him so then we went up the hill to the riding ring. Prince was a little unconfident when we started trotting. So we did lots of walk/trot transitions then he was fine with it all.

After a while I hooked the sled up to Prince [before I was just pulling it]. He was fine with pulling it. Then we switched to zone 5 driving, while Prince was pulling the sled. We did lots of transitions and other stuff just so that Prince knew that it wasn't about the sled. He did really well with that and was in tune with me the whole time. I felt that Prince was ready so I asked my mom to lead Prince while I was sitting in the sled. It was SOOOO much fun!! At first they just walked and that was fine. I had to hold onto the ropes instead of them being tied to the sled because the handles weren't strong enough to pull me. Then Prince started trotting. It was a blast! Prince was fine with it all. Then they kind of took the corner a little to quick and I went flying off... oops! I didn't break anything so I was good!

I figured out how I can get it so that I can ride in the sled and drive Prince at the same time. So next time I might just try it! It will be a little weird directing Prince from ground level but it should be fun! I think Prince is ready for it. I don't know what we will do once the snow it gone... I will have to find something with wheels! :) But for now I am not worried about that. We will just have fun while the snow lasts!

Unfortunately I don't have any pics :( Next time!

Well that is all for how!
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment