Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ruffian: Transitions, and jumping.

This morning I played with Ruffian. After I haltered him I let him eat for a while before we went up to the riding ring. While he was eating I brushed him. Then we went up to the riding ring. It was really nice to play with Ruffy and not have to worry about snow and also it was nice to have our obstacles back! Hooray! Ruffy had TONES of energy. I really want to play with him more but I just can't seem to find the time! I will have to figure out some thing. Even if it is only twice a week.

We had a lot of fun playing. We did lots of cantering on the circle. Ruffy really seemed to enjoy it! We did some totally amazing canter to halt to canter transitions. They keep getting better and better! All I had to do was relax and Ruffy would stop and then at a phase one he would canter off again. Ruffy was really, really in tune with me. We also did some change of directions, Touch it, sideways, and lots of other stuff. The last thing we did was I set up the barrels standing on there end and asked Ruffy to jump them. He jumped then twice from a trot! He had no problem clearing them! I can't get over how athletic Ruffy is! We didn't play long but it was still lot of fun! Ruffy stayed with me after I let him go. I really have to think of some new things to teach Ruffy because everything I thought of he learned really quickly....

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment